You can book your video conference lesson right now. I use Skype and other platforms. Lessons are booked through SimplyBookMe. We need to communicate by email or skype before you take your first lesson.
• A shape-
• You can play thousands of great songs with only a few open chords on the guitar. There are some simple songs you learn to strum along with after only one lesson.
• How the guitar feels matters. You can't play well if you're not comfortable. Practice will get you there, but practice by itself is not an efficient way to develop the level of comfort you need to play well. There are easy conditioning steps that can speed up the process.
• Take only as many lessons as you want. There’s no commitment. You’re not getting into a ‘relationship.’ I wont contact you, except to reply to you.
• A lot of adults have the foundation they need to progress on their own after only a few lessons. Many of my online clients only book when they need help with a song.
I have taught hundreds of first time beginners to play guitar. I can teach you to play along with your favorite songs. You don't have to read music.
The key for beginners is getting physically comfortable with the guitar. Getting comfortable with the guitar doesn't really have anything to do with 'music.' It's a matter of physical conditioning.
I offer a way of learning music that fits in with your busy lifestyle. I don’t make demands on your time. I suggest that you try to practice 15 minutes, 3 times a week.
Here are just a few of the songs my beginners are playing along with after only a few lessons:
• Sweet Home Alabama -
• Boulevard of Broken Dreams -
• Can’t You See -
• Free Falling -
• Last Dance With Mary Jane -
• Wagon Wheel -
• Every Rose Has It’s Thorn -
The choice of songs is completely up to you. I make custom song lessons for people as a part of regular lessons. It doesn’t matter whether I ‘know’ the song or not. I figure songs out by ear very quickly. You’ll get a chord chart, tab and a short video demo.
Take lessons with me, and you can learn to pick out songs by ear the way I do. (Hint: It has absolutely nothing to do with perfect pitch. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise.)
Want to learn a song no one else knows? I can help. You just have to give me a link to the song. (Doesn’t matter what language the lyrics are in.)